Monday, February 2, 2009

Saturday at the Park

My photography class went to Piedmont Park on Saturday for an outdoor photo session. We were suppose to bring "models" so Ellie (by default) went with me. Kelly, one of my oldest friends (in terms of longevity) also met up with us.

About two-ish months ago Kelly and Ifound each other in the Facebook world and realized we only lived about five miles apart....in Atlanta! It was a huge surprise to both of us since we grew up together in Missouri but had not seen each other since her family moved to Chattanooga. She was such a great sport, holding light reflectors and making sure Ellie did not fall in the lake. It was awesome to have her and Ellie together, a very special day (excuse me while I tear up). Since Saturday Ellie has been asking when she get to see my friend again!

_DSC00631.e1

_DSC0063.e1

_DSC0106.e1 _DSC0073.e1

_DSC0113.e1

_DSC0129.e1 _DSC0160.e1

_DSC0185.e1

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the pics. It was so good seeing Kelly--all grown up! Of course, Ellie is as photogenic as always. Fantastic job. Thanks for sharing.
Mom

Erika Jackson said...

These are really great, Marti. Where are you taking your class? Your pictures are more amazing every time you post!!

Marti said...

There is a great photography store here that also has a school associated with it. The Showcase School of Photography. Right now I am taking a people/portrait centered class. All of my friends (and children) are being roped in as "models."